WolframAlpha is a computational knowledge engine that rapidly processes queries using its vast data collections and unique algorithms.
WolframAlpha is a great search/computational tool to use for a broad variety of questions. Here are some examples:
- Explore human genome data- SNPs and sequence information
- Look up protein information
- Identify an IP address
- Do regression analysis
- Find disease and mortality information and statistics
- Find birthdates of famous people
- Convert money from one currency to another
- View university profiles
The goal of WolframAlpha is to collect and curate all objective data and make that knowlege computable. WolframAlpha uses the symbolic language called Mathematica which was developed at the Wolfram Research company.
WolframAlpha currently contains 10+ trillion pieces of data, 50,000+ types of algorithms and models, and linguistic capabilities for 1000+ domains. WolframAlpha runs on supercomputer clusters.